Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Works for me Wednesday....


Toys worth buying....is there such a thing??? I know I get so upset when my kids don't play with the things that they have gotten for Christmas. It is so discouraging when I fill up a bag for Good Will with practically new toys that they only played with a few times. With money a little tighter and with 4 children this year we are cutting back no more, the more the better thought at Christmas. With having 4 kids, I have found some toys that are worth buying and that can be passed down from child to child.

Lincoln Logs - my mom bought my oldest (12) these when he was 3, he played with them, my daughter now 10 played with them, and now my 5 year old builds an entire town in his room with them. I am hoping Bitsy will love them also. They are still in wonderful shape.

Legos - Once again these were bought for my oldest and he just loved them, now my 5 year is using his imagination and building cars, planes, and whatever else he little mind comes up with.

Bead Kit - This will keep my 10 year old daughter busy for hours and even her little brother enjoys stringing beads and making necklaces and braclets.

Craft kit - there is no need to go out and buy a fancy-smancy kit, I just fill a tool box or bag with crayons (from back to school sale at Wal-mart), markers, paint, paper and some stamps. This kit will keep them busy for hours.

There are alot more toys that I think are definitely worth buying, but this list is my favorites and have been standed the test of time in our house. If you want more ideas on toys go check out Rocks in my Dryers, I know I will be spending a lot of time here today checking out all the ideas, because Christmas is coming fast folks....

here's to spending wisely this Christmas,
*a*

6 comments:

Delighted Mom said...

Oh my goodness! I LOVE lincoln logs! I was just telling my husband the other day that AS SOON as the boys were old enough...that is the first thing we're buying! Love them! But now I'm not sure If I want them so the boys can play with them or so I can! Hmm! :)

Buffie said...

I use to love Lincold logs and legos when I was a child.

Niki Jolene said...

I have Lincoln Logs on my list, too!

:)

Anonymous said...

My kids love Linclon logs at Nana's house. She's trying to get them a set for Christmas!

Wani said...

lincoln logs are a classic!!

Cindy said...

My kids and your kids could definitely get along, with their choices in play.

Thanks for stopping by The Happy Ones!