Friday, December 5, 2008

It's time for dessert!!!

I made a very yummy, simple, frugal, and low-fat dessert tonight, and it was thumbs up all around the table.



Don't they look oh so yummy!!! Okay for the simple, yummy and low-fat part.
These are carrot-pumpkin muffins and to make them it's 3 ingredients. I told you they were simple to make.

carrot cake mix
1 can pumpkin
1/2 cup water

mix together and then pour into a cake pan or muffin tin. That's it.

I came upon this recipe over the summer and used whip cream for the topping, but then Christy from the Southern Plate sent out an email that added a struesel topping. Okay it was fabulous, yes the whip cream was tasty, but the struesel even better. You definitely need to try this. They are so moist and since your don't use any oil it is healthy too.

Now for the frugal part, right now there is a coupon for $1 off decandent carrot cake, my store sells this for 2.09 and also doubles coupons up to and including a 1 so I get it for .09 and before Thanksgiving they had pumpkin on sale for .98 and the water is free. I also had everything to make the struesel topping in my cupboards. So for 1.05, I got 27 muffins and everyone loved it.

happy cooking
*a*

No comments: