Friday, October 31, 2008

Another crafty week, oh my!!!!

Hey all, I know I have been such a bad blogger. My goal each week is to post atleast 3 or 4 times, but sometimes life gets in the way. Even though I have been such a horrible blogger, I have been crafty, I haven't gotten alot accomplished but I have been busy. Can you believe Christmas is less than 2 months away? I sure can't, and my goal is to have all my gifts made, bought and wrapped by the end of November. I better get my butt in gear if I am going to make this goal. I recently found this site and they have some really great ideas. I love the idea of a Christmas Planner, I have never done this before, but this year I am. It will be great to have everything all in one book, plus mine is going to be in a 3-ring binder so I can use it year after year. When I am finished with it I will post pictures. I am also taking a class here, like I don't have enough to do this month, I decided to add a class into the mix. So far I am pretty impressed with the class, they have downloads for my Christmas planner and the 2 projects that they have down I love and will definitely be doing. So if you have some time and want to take a class I would definitely recommend this class.

Okay enough of that, so you ask what have I been working on, well I'll tell you and show you.

Here is what you can make out of wooden circles, an old dictionary, stamps, and some bling.

I think it turned out great, I just added a bail and a chain and waa-laa you have a necklace. I made several of these, which I am not sharing because they are Christmas presents. Miss Pie loved them so much that she claimed one for herself and I even claimed one.

I love the name of this bag, a booty bag, just makes me chuckle. I still have 2 more of these to make and even though jeans are pretty sturdy I did line this it just makes it a lot prettier inside.I'm outa jeans so I think a trip to the thrift store is in order.

I found a tutorial for this bag holder here and it was so simple to make, I think it took me about an hour to sew this, but I am a true beginner at sewing. For someone who sews alot you could finish this in about 30 minutes. I really like it and have put this on the list to make myself plus 2 or 3 more for gifts.

With all my Chirstmas crafting my dining room is being taken over....
Okay so right now it doesn't look that bad, I'll have to take a picture of it when I'm in the middle of a project.

Have a great day, I'm off to finish my Christmas planner.

Happy crafty and hugs
*a*

No comments: