Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Cheap or even Free

Maybe you all have been wondering where my layouts have been, no I haven't stopped scrapbooking. Scrapbooking is my passion and hobby and I love it, but during the summer I just can't seem to find the time. My kids stay up much later and by the time I get everyone in bed I am beat and usually go to bed myself. I have been keeping busy with couponing, I love it. I really like making a game out of going to the store these days. How little can I actually spend? On a recent trip to CVS my bill was 125.00 and I spent out of pocket $22.00 and today I just realize they charged for 9 shampoos and I only got 8 so it would have only been 18.00. Here is a picture:
okay so I got:
8 loreal pro vive shampoo - $40
3 12 pk pepsi (only 2 are shown)- 9
1 12 pk siera mist -3
2 packs of diapers -12
1 wipe -2
1 baby shampoo -2
6 trident gum - 9
2 dasani water -3
4 all small and mighty - 26
2 lysol spray -7
2 dove chocolate -7
1 loreal pro vive shampoo- 5 (that they charged me for but I didn't buy)

Can you believe that all this only cost 22.00? All the shampoo (expect the 9th bottle they charged me for) and the gum were free, because I had a BOGO coupon and the store was having a bogo (buy one get one free) sale. So that means free to me!!!! I just can't believe that all these years I have been buying this stuff and generic to boot, when you could get it free or for pennies. My kids are so excited to be eating name brand cereal and let me tell you we have a lot of cereal. Enough about my deals this week, next week I'll be back to let you know how I did at Giant and see if I am any closer to my goal of spending 100 a week for groceries. This is my short term goal, my next goal is to get it down to 60 a week for a family of 6. It can be done my friends. Okay I'm off to find a little girl who has just disappeared, crawling is so over-rated, nothing is safe in this house anymore. :-)

hugs
*a*

No comments: