Monday, February 2, 2009

Make it Monday - Recipe

My poor, poor, neglected blog. I have really been a blog slacker, but it was nice to have a little break. But now I am back and ready to go.

My New Years Resolution this year is to get healthy, start an exercise routine and eat better. So far so good, I'll tell you more about my favorite type of exercise tomorrow. Cooking healthy meals that my family will like is sometimes a challenge. I am not a short-order chef, so therefore whatever I make everyone is to eat, but I try to cook things they like just to save all the whining and complaining. This makes for a more enjoyable meal time. One of my favorite meals to make in the wintertime is soup, but my hubby is not to fond of it. I, however, found a soup that even he likes and my kids like and it's healthy, now it just can't get any better than that.

Meatball Soup


Doesn't it just look so yummy.

Meatballs: Just make meatballs anyway you like, I use ground turkey to make it healthier. I make half the mixture into meatballs, and then brown the other half.

Soup:

Chicken Broth - 1 carton (now I make a huge batch so I add 3 cups water to this and then add some chicken boillion to that)
1 large can diced tomatoes

If you want you can add potatoes, it just makes it more like a stew.

Cook to a boil or until your potatoes are soft and then a chopped up cabbage ( if you want to make this easy just use a half a bag of coleslaw mix, found by the salads in your local supermarket)

add meatballs and ground hamburg and a can of navy beans

simmer until cabbage is tender

put into bowls and add some shredded cheese and serve with quesidillas or whole wheat biscuits. Easy peasy supper. Plus leftovers are very yummy.

This supper is also really budget friendly, the cost is less than $5.00 for the entire meal.

enjoy!!!
*a*

No comments: